About

The Lemon Tree

The Lemon Tree was original called Abbotsfield and was designed in the 1860’s as a private residence by the Wrexham architect J.R. Gummow. Abbotsfield was the first house to be built at the Rhosddu end of Grosvenor Road. In 1895 it became the home of local surgeon John Arthur Eyton-Jones, MD. It later became the Area Education Office under the council before being sold during the 1970’s when it became The Abbotsfield Priory Hotel. When the Raglan Arms on Lambpit Street was demolished part of the beautiful mahogany bar; was renovated and reused as the bar. Several old parts from various places in Wrexham where used when it was converted into the hotel in the 70/80s. Only the doors from Salisbury park church are still in use.

Everything else has since been replaced during the many revamps. It was then converted in 2000 to Graffiti an Italian Restaurant. This beautiful Grade II listed neo-gothic building has been completely refurbished in March 2010 and named The Lemon Tree, with a further 18 month full renovation in 2020 & 21. Independently owned it offers a restaurant, Bar and 18 ensuite bedrooms.

Covid-19 Update

On behalf of all of the team, thank you once again for all the continued support and for all the kind messages we have received throughout

*Accommodation is now open for all leisure and business

* Indoor eating and drinking now available.

Eat

Make an online booking

Drink

Make an online booking

Stay

Book a room online

Join Our Newsletter